At an altitude of 1500 meters above sea level, just a few kilometers from the village of Pissouri is located the famous monastery Trooditissa, a place where each year attracts pilgrims from all over the country. It was built in the 13th century by order of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which showed room for the new monastery two hermits.
The monastery burned off the ground three times, twice - by a forest fire, the third - from arson committed by the Turks.
Currently, the service of God are 10 monks in the monastery. At the monastery there is a shop where you can buy candles, as well as books and brochures that were published in the territory of the monks of the monastery.
Trooditissa Monastery is known around the world thanks to two wonder-working relics: the icon of the Mother of God and Trooditissa Belt of the Virgin. The women who had come to pray to this icon, heal from infertility. The monks are to confirm - pictures of happy women with children who are sent in gratitude for divine help.