Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul was built at the end of the XII century on the idea of Prince Miroslav Huma. Initially, the church served as the main temple of the monastery, while the prince's tomb. The architecture of the temple is typical of early Raska school, it combines Byzantine and Romanesque styles. In the XIV century, when King Milutin was attached to the western side of the porch of the west facade and supplemented by two towers, the north and south aisles, the church enriched with chapels.
In the XVII century, during the reign of the Ottoman Empire on the territory of Montenegro church was converted into a mosque. When modifying the church into a mosque, one of the towers was demolished, rebuilt in the second minaret, both chapels were destroyed. Only 1912 of St. Peter and Paul's Church was returned to the Christian community. Currently, the temple is guarded by the Government of Montenegro as an architectural monument of the first category.
In the middle of the last century were carried out archaeological studies, which allowed in part to restore the original appearance of the temple. To this day decoration of interior walls, which was performed at the beginning of the XIV century, it has reached only partially: under the dome of the image of the Virgin and Child Enthroned, lower left portion of the "Service of the Holy Fathers." In December 2011, in the church there were consecrated the new bells, which are specifically for the temple, with the money of Russian and Montenegrin patrons, produced in Moscow in the bell tower plant LITEX. The largest of the ten bells cast weighs 820 kilograms. There is a version that it was for the church Miroslav Prince ordered the writing of the Gospel, which is now called Miroslav's Gospel and which is the world's cultural heritage, protected by UNESCO and is located in Belgrade, in Serbia, the National Museum.