The Church of St. John is the oldest surviving Catholic churches of the city. Her building was erected in the XV century on the foundations of an even more ancient church, dating from the VII century. In 1867, the architectural ensemble complemented the high bell tower.
It contains a rich collection of icons and paintings on religious subjects. The main shrine of the temple is the image of Our Lady of Budva, according to legend, painted by St. Luke. Also revered icon of Saints Peter and Paul, belonging to the Byzantine school. Among the other works of art worth noting icon Greek masters and paintings by artists in the XV-XVII centuries. In addition, St. John's Church is famous for its rich library collection. The most interesting archival documents, incunabula and books on display in the temple. Also open to tourists bell tower, with a height overlooking the old town.