The convent Cheliya Piperski located high in the mountains near the town of Danilovgrad in Montenegro. Outwardly, it looks like a small medieval town. Due to its remote location, high mountain monastery was able to avoid attacks during the war on the territory of Montenegro.
The base of the monastery Cheliya Piperski dated 1667 year. Returning after a hermit in a cave Rovachskoy, Saint Stephen built on the lands of the Montenegrin tribe Pieper small church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Subsequently, here is built a school and a kitchen. Since its founding the monastery rapidly grew and developed. In 1815 abbot Michael to him it was built the church porch, in 1823 there was a belfry, the dome was erected over the church, and nearby privately built housing. At the end of the XIX century abbot Dositheus school was opened at the monastery, and the monastery library at that time was considered one of the largest in Montenegro. During World War II, the monastery complex Cheliya Piperski the first time could not avoid shocks. The biggest loss of humanity in this period was the burning of the most valuable monastery library. Already in the middle of the XX century, the monastery has been fully restored and transformed into a female monastic abode. In 1994, the bell tower was built above the main entrance to the monastery Cheliya Piperski.
Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is located in the center of the complex, there are now relics of the Reverend Stephen Piperski. In 1988, the icon painting school, whose graduates are decorated iconostasis of the main temple complex was opened in the walls of the monastery. At the monastery there is a source of healthy water.