The convent Zhdrebaonik located 2 kilometers from the city Danilovgrad in Montenegro. The history of the monastery is associated with the most famous dynasty of the Serbian people Nemanjic family. The main temple of the monastery complex was built in 1818 and is known as St. Michael the Archangel. The monastery complex includes a church, a large hospice, as well as a number of low-rise buildings, which at one time served as classrooms. In the XVIII century, in the capture of the territory of Montenegro the Ottoman Empire, the monastery buildings were badly damaged. Their remains can still be seen on the eastern side of the modern church. At the beginning of the XIX century all the buildings have been re-erected and lit in honor of St. Michael the Archangel.
The appearance of the main temple is typical of many churches in Montenegro. It is a fairly simple and modest one-nave structure with a straight and smooth walls of gray ashlar and a semicircular altar ledge on the east side. The dimensions of the temple is 15 meters long and 7 meters wide. The altar of the church is decorated with the Holy See, which is located in the middle of the main icons created in Montenegro Sviatohirsk monks. In 1926, at the expense of the monastery manager Srdjan Popovic to the church bell tower was added. In 1987-1988, the main temple was restored Zhdrebaonik monastery in Danilovgrad. Since 1856, within the walls of the monastery complex of the relics of St. Arseny, the first successor of Saint Sava. Also in the monastery poitsya and part of the relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker of Myra, St. Matrona of Moscow, St. Seraphim of Sarov, St. Sergius of Radonezh and St. Alexander Nevsky. To the east of the temple is a large and beautiful monastery hospice, two-story stone building, built back in 1819. On the second floor of the eight nuns live. On the west side of a home for pilgrims was attached several rooms, one of which is an icon-painting workshop. Here and sisters are working to this day. The monastery has a museum. You can also visit the monastery sacristy.