Orthodox Monastery Moraca, located on the scenic shores of alpine canyon not far from Kolasin. The monastery was founded in 1252 on the right bank of the river Moraca Prince Stefan, son of Vukan Nemanjic II burial which today is in the territory of the monastery.
The monastery complex consists of the cathedral church of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin, the small church of St. Nicholas and a few buildings from the monastery monastic cells. The churchyard is surrounded by a high wall with two gates. Both churches are made of stone and embossing are a piece of architecture of the ancient Serbian state Raska. The external simplicity of the buildings fully compensated by the rich interior. Numerous frescoes and old icons are among the best examples of wall paintings in the ancient Serbian and Byzantium.
Church of the Assumption is a large building with one room, a barrel vault, a semicircular gallery, choir and lateral dome. The main entrance is made of gray marble, which is faced with, and the church itself. From multi-colored stone made large pulpit in front of the Holy Doors. The dome over the pulpit hangs a large Horos "Bogorodichino Kolo", which once vowed during the trial, when it was impossible to gather evidence in another way. In the middle part of the church is a stone sarcophagus - the tomb in which the buried churchwarden (headman) of the monastery, Prince Stefan. The gem of the church is a double door at the entrance to the middle temple, decorated with ivory. Bone strong in this magnificent animal is also decorated with an armchair, desk and a cane, which, according to tradition, belonged to the St. Sava. These items are considered to be the most beautiful and the most complex or original samples inlaid wood.
During the Ottoman invasion of the XV century the monastery was desecrated by the Turks (they stripped the roof of lead) and leave the monks. In 1574, the main church of the monastery was restored village chief Vukic Vuchetich, internal frescoes were re-marked in the years 1577-78, and the outer temple painting executed in 1616, the artist George Mitrofanovich. The last layer of frescoes completed Kotor masters from Gylfi school at the beginning of the XVIII century. Small church of St. Nicholas was rebuilt in 1639 and painted by renowned Kozma master. During the Balkan wars of the late XIX century monastery, with its fortified walls it was used as a fortification in the battles with the Turkish army. In honor of the defenders of the monastery, killed in his defense, is a memorial plaque.
A special cultural value attached to the monastery wall murals, valuable icons, as well as stored here ancient manuscripts and printed books. The main temple is decorated with frescoes of the life of the prophet Elijah, comprising 11 scenes (the most famous of them - "The Raven feeds the prophet Elias" dating from the XIII century). Also some murals with faces of the Virgin and Christ are preserved from the time of the first construction of the church. Among the iconostasis occupy a special place of the icon of St. Simeon and St. Sava, as well as a large icon with a biography of St. John the Baptist. Today the monastery Moraca is a functioning monastery Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral of the Serbian Orthodox Church. For the convenience of tourists visiting the Monastery opened a small cafe next to the campsite, where you can relax after the tour.