The city Niksic Petrova Glavica on the hill, high above the city stands the Orthodox Church of St. Basil of Ostrog.
The church was built in the late XIX century, as a monument to the Montenegrin national liberation movement as a symbol of new-found independence from Ottoman rule. The temple was built on the money of the Russian Emperor Alexander III. The church is built in the Serbian-Byzantine style, but you can see the structure and features of Russian, because the project involved the construction of a well-known Russian architect of the Transfiguration.
The base is made of the church in the form of a cross. By the entrance is a wide stone staircase. On each side of the church a memorial plaques with the names of Montenegrins who died in the liberation war of 1875-1880 years. The interior of the church is decorated expensive varieties of marble, iconostasis consists of Russian icons. The facade of the church is decorated with a clock dial. Church of St. Basil of Ostrog - is one of the most magnificent monuments of the city of Niksic.