Emperor's Mosque in Plav is one of the oldest religious buildings in the region. Its construction was carried out in 1471, just after the arrival of the Ottoman Empire, and it was intended for religious purposes garrison soldiers.
During the reign of Sultan Abdul Hamid from 1774 to 1789, the building of the mosque was completely reconstructed and obtained the appearance, which has remained unchanged to the present time. From this period, Emperor's Mosque has acquired its present name. mosque architecture at first glance looks strange, part of the building is made of wood, including the entrance to the mosque and minaret about 10 meters high, and in the construction of the rest of the building was used stone. In the courtyard of the mosque is a special fountain for ablutions. The interior - a carved wooden arabesque engravings.