The Holy Trinity Monastery Pljevlja was built in the XV century. The first mention in the annals of it is dated 1537 year. Constant wars on the territory of today's Montenegro led to the fact that the monastery was rebuilt several times. Today's appearance he found only in the XVI century. At the same time, it was built the church of the Holy Trinity abbot Vissarion. Its exterior features a rich serrated carving, typical of the architectural style of Raska, and mural painting, executed in 1600 by the famous master of Strahinja Budimlya. The frescoes depict scenes from the Holy Scriptures, the representatives of the Nemanjic dynasty and the sufferings of Christ.
The local monks for centuries been famous for deciphering the census and many old books, as well as a workshop on the implementation of the works of art in wood and the creation of objects of decorative and applied arts. In the XVI-XVIII centuries the monastery was the acknowledged center of the copy of many religious books. The most famous work of monastic scribes: "Six Days" John the Exarch and Kozma Indicopleustes "Verhobrezhnitsky Chronograph" and other collections of psalms. Many manuscripts have been provided with illustrations Raychevich Andrew, a local icon painter, who worked at the monastery in the middle of the XVII century. In the sacristy of the monastery is still kept a lot of the old values: the collection of icons of the local painter Andrei Raychevich, objects of craftsmanship in silver, gold and wood, incense work of Venetian masters, miter Patriarch Barnabas, presents Russian emperors and the special pride of storage - the cane of St. Sava, covered with metal salary.